Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shall I Tell You A Story?

It's really not much. There aren't even pictures to go with it! It's funny though, just go with it.

In Paris, my mom wanted to go to a specific restaurant, so for lunch we walked across town to find it and waited in line - for a long while. It had lots of stars next to it's name though, and the wait was expected, so we suffered on. Once seated, the waitress came - no menus were given, and thinking like an American I ordered our drinks (in French because I just felt like the fanciest thing in town). The waitress didn't leave though. Instead she said, how do you want your steak? I obviously didn't understand because I thought I had just ordered drinks - was my accent really that horrible that she mistook water for steak? I tried to explain, no, no, I didn't order steak! I just ordered drinks! To which she replied that everyone got steak. You don't pick what you eat, they do! So steak and fries it was, for lunch. And it was good. The end.

P.S. The restaurant was called Le Relais de l'EntrecĂ´te. I believe if you look past the shiny stars next to it's name and read a couple of reviews, someone is bound to mention the itty bitty fact that it only serves steak and fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment